Expeditionary tour paddling the South West corner of Turkey; Twelve days paddling exploring the ancient region of Caria;deserted coastlines of the Datca and Bozburun Peninsulas starting from Gökova and finishing in Marmaris.
ITINERARYThe tour starts with overnight hotel in Gokova with several wild camps along the northern shore of the Datca Peninsula. We paddle into the military harbour of Knidos to explore the ancient city and climb to the Camel cape lighthouse at Turkey's most south westerly point. Roundingthe cape we continue along Turkey's southern shore with an overnight hotel in Datca for a hot shower and resupply. Our expedition continues crossing to the Bozburun Peninsula paddling through a maze of islets to the town.We round the southern tip and explore the fortifications of Loryma before continuing our voyage towards Marmaris.
DATES09-23 NOVEMBER, 2013
* All sea kayak equipment; Kayak, paddle, PFD, sprayskirt, 1 x 40ltr, 1 x 5 ltr drybag
* 3 nights hotel accommodation,
* Transport to/from launch sites
* All food and refreshments (drinks bought from shop/restaurant not included);
* CAMP Equipment - 2 person Dome tent, camp mat and sleep bag liner, plate bowl and cutlery.
SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT 120€ (Includes own tent)
Wilderness Systems Northstar (Tandem)
Prijon Excursion (Tandem)
Widerness Systems Tempest 170 and 165
Wilderness Systems Tsunami 165
Prijon Yukon Expedition
ATP sea touring split paddle (210-220cm)
Yak Kallista PFD
Palm/Delta neoprene sprayskirt